Friday, December 5, 2008

2,500 miles away

I have a few friends posted in the Peace Corps.  They are all very far away, like a few dozen lay overs and several thousand dollars worth of airplane flights away. Guatemala, however, is not far away. In fact, I wanted to find out exactly how far away it was so I used Google Earth to see.  The distance from my house in Berkeley, to the Peace Corps training site outside of Antigua is approximately 2,500 miles. Not a big deal at all. So, you ask, how far is 2,500 miles anyways. Well I'll tell you. Using Berkeley as home base, 2,500 miles will get you to Times Square in Manhattan,The White House, Disney World in Florida, or swinging around to the west, it will land you on Maui. So I really wont be far away at all, so there are no excuses for not visiting. You could even make it into a weekender. 

No comments: