Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday Mom and Dad

Dad and Mom in Lake Como, Italy



So my mother and my father share a birthday, March 20th. As I child I thought that not only was this totally normal but it also meant that you had to marry someone that had the same birthday as you. This caused great anxiety in my six year old life as I shared a birthday with the smelly French kid in my first grade class. It took me well beyond a reasonable age to figure out that shared birthdays were not a requirement for marriage. I actually tell this story in Spanish to a lot of people, its easy to tell and makes people laugh, however it backfired at me when I told our tech trainer. It turns out his son and I share a birthday and now he is trying to set us up. In high school I shared a birthday with my chem lab partner Alex and he is down here in Antigua right now so we are going to celebrate our  birthday together on Sunday.  Anyhow I wanted to wish my mom and dad a very happy belated birthday. In case anyone is wondering, my parents are probably the coolest parents in the world. Love you guys!



No comments: