Thursday, September 30, 2010

LSAT

So I've decided that since I don't have enough crazy stuff to deal with up here in the jungle, that I'm going to attempt to tackle the LSAT. (this seemed much cooler when i was going to be taking it in Guatemala City, but now turns out ill just be one of a billion people taking it back in California since the LSAT decided to axe Guatemala off the list of places they offer the test)

Here is a list of reasons why preparing for the LSAT in Guatemala is actually a good idea.

* It's a really good distraction from facebook.

* Justifies me spending 300Q a month on high speed internet (for my online review course...)

* Helps me remember how to speak/read/write in English.

* Gives me an excuse for staying in site on the weekends and thus not breaking the Peace Corps travel rules.

* Provides a forum for interaction with other Americans (and a few Canadians) that I am otherwise deprived of since the two volunteers closest to me are gone. One got kicked out and the other quit.

* Forces me to have a schedule that does not go like this. Wake up. Facebook. Go to School. Nap in Hammock. Facebook. Eat. Nap some more in the Hammock. Facebook. Eat again. Facebook. Go to bed.


I take the test Oct. 9th at Cal State East Bay. Definitely ready to knock this one out, my hammock misses me.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Hey! I just came upon your blog and was hoping to learn a little more about your LSAT studying...
I am a volunteer in an Aldea here in Chimal and I would liek to take the LSAT sometime in the next 2 years... I had heard there was a test site in Guate. Did they recently change that?
Also, how long did you study for and what resources did you use? (books, websites, etc.)
Thanks for the post and any advice you may be able to give me!