Saturday, May 30, 2009

what am i doing here?

Top 5 Misconceptions about my Peace Corps Service.

5. I’m on a mission from God to convert the heathens. Evangelical Judaism, really?
4. My horrible boyfriend at home won’t marry me so I’ve runaway to hide my shame.
3. My family hates me and banished me to the rural jungle of northern Guatemala.
2. I am looking for a husband. A very popular school of thought among the young men of Chisec.
1. I’m a draft dodger hiding from the American Government.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

since when did they started drafting women in this hypothetical draft? geez i might have to join you down there :)

Shellie said...

as if any boyfriend, no matter how horrible, wouldn't want to marry you! (unrelatedly, the "word verification" thing i have to type in order to complete my post sounds like some sort of spanish reflexive verb - and maybe something dirty, at that: catirme. doesn't that sound kind of dirty? yo me cato. tu te cates. etc.)